Friday, April 2, 2010

Launch: April 3rd

This is quick update post.  I've bought the phone and set up the GPS tracking software.  Ginny and I went for a walk in the neighborhood, and the tracker worked fine.  Cell phone coverage in C-ville is very good, but it'll be a miracle if tomorrow we land somewhere with four bars.  Hopefully the decision against an external antenna won't bite us in the behind.

I also got the cooler, some string, some neon orange duct tape, some "Hothands" hand warmers.

The camera script works well.  I haven't made a final decision on shutter speed, and the fact that the LCD screen is broken doesn't help the testing.  The last big worry, other than landing in a skeet-shooting range, is battery life on the used camera.  It seems to be holding up, hopefully it will be able to take the 1600 shots we might need over the course of the flight.

See everyone at 10:30 tomorrow morning!

Update:  I've found the replacement battery I bought for the camera, and it has 900mAh, instead of the standard 700mAh.  I feel much better about the camera now.  If we can find this thing tomorrow afternoon, this will be epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment